Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sherboucle Road race #2 ... Cold and Rain!



This Race was the second race of my 2009 road race program. I had lots of fun in the first one at Magog. It was time to bring my good friend Dan Gerous in for a run at road race.

It was raining again as it was all summer. But also it was cold! We lined up at the start and we could see that less people were there because of the cold and rainy weather. BANG it a start... i had the pleasure to have my friend Claudia come and see the start... but i did not see her and she did not see me, but thanks for coming.

We were off to a fast start. I saw my young friend Guillaume fly by at a good pace. but i was conscious of Dan that was at it's first race and i did not want to leave him behind. By the time i look in front the first group was off and going. We tried to get them... but in vain...

We created a group of seven riders that were not working well together witch finally had us eaten by the group behind us. We become a 20 + riders, i stayed with that group of riders and my friend Dan for a 3/4 of the race.
At some point the wind was so hard riders were riding at angles on the roads. Me and Dan got a chance to lead the group at good speed. It's so fun to ride at 50km/h +!

Just at the last feed zone i get caught in the pack that wants to feed... i did not need to feed... i had to pee! but i couldn't. I tried but could not! it was and i was so cold. I need to get the right equipment for the cold races. At that time i see my friend Dan take off ... i'm like shit! he's going... i tried to get to him but in vain. I was not able to put power to the wheels... my head was just saying " i want to pee "

From that moment on, i stayed with the little group and said to myself, It's a training for the Park ride and kept the energy to try to warm myself. I finished without any sprint. Dan came in a few minutes ahead of me.
We had fun although it was very cold, my feats were frozen after the race... it was sure i was going to get a cold from this...


1 comment:

Dan Gerous said...

You shouldn't have waited for me....