Monday, March 8, 2010

Back at it...


My favorite 66km run up route 105 VT.

This is the corner where it starts to climb. I like that climb. It's a good training ground. I enjoy having the easy access to this sort of road.

This weekend was my first climb of route 105 in 2010. The simple loop gives you 66km from my home to Jay Peak (105) and back via Highwater. I did it at a good pace for a first ride of the season. I'm happy about the pace. Again the ride down the other side was cold. I always bring a second layer to cut the wind. but still cold!! Can't wait for warmer temps.

And Sunday we did a little 45km around my place. Mansonville, Bolton, Vale Perkins. I had to loosen the legs!
Total 111km this weekend.



Up on top... 10km later.



The little climb from Mansonville Village to my place. I still just can't get it. It gets me! It kills my average speed every time.

2 comments:

Dan Gerous said...

Remember what I told you, this year you must work on pacing yourself, on a single climb but also on the whole ride, the aim is to be able to finish strongly, end fast and powerful, ideally, you are dead right after you clip out of the pedals after the finish line or at home . It's better to start a little easier and be faster as the climb/ride go than slow down.

Nic said...

Right! yes coach!

This year I'll be able to catch it, and finish hard in the last way up.