Friday, June 26, 2009

I needed a lite MTB, but ....



I needed a new MTB lite and nervous... for my RAID ( endurance race ) But no money, no candy! When i got back from France I decide to built a bike ... from Ebay, could i do it? My friend had parts, i had left over parts... i needed a frame and a fork. So i found a Carbon "no name" frame on Ebay, it got to me in 5 days. I took the good choice of taking a Cannondale Lefty DLR used to go with it. The budget made me do the choice, but in the end, it was a good choice, as i was not able to fit a Carbon Lefty on that frame. So i quickly gathered the part and built what is now known as the "thiforine" a home made cheaper copy of a Cannondale "Taurine" and as my family name is Thiffault and it was a false copy... the name came.

I just got the bike out last week for it's first 50km of singletrack and it's first 50km of gravel roads. The bike is ready for the first test, this weekend race. The RAID Massif du sud will be our first challenge. We will see.


The "thiforine" is about a 22lbs lite bike.

No comments: