Sunday, July 12, 2009

Training Ride in "Mauricie" 2200m of climbing.



As i was trilled by my event in Orford, i wanted to get the last race of the season in my head. Last year was the first time i was doing the mega ride " défi vélo mag " I had done the ride with the woman that brought me back on the bike. I owe her, me going back on the bike two years ago, it means a lot to me. So her, me and other friends did last years race. I did the race in 4h40 minute. It was a good time considering my lack of training. She was motivating me to the finish with the phrase " come on, just one more little pitch! " i had made it! I miss riding with her.

So this year i want to attack the course. So i went with Guillaume and Christian for a first reconnaissance ride of the year. We did the 105km run in a relax mood. Christian did just 50km of the run. We did all the 105km in a good time of 3h50 minute. We did manage a more race pace at the last few km. just as we hit the belvedère hill i decided to get to a faster rhythm. It was very hot day, the first one of the year for me. I had gone with low water witch was not good. I know now that i will being lots of water for the race. I plan on going tow more times before the event in end of September. I love that road! it's challenging with it's 2200m of climb.

See you soon Parc de la Mauricie

No comments: